Pro Arts Community Advocacy Alliance
Make Art a Change Agent In Communities
Pro Arts Community Advocacy Alliance is a new program aimed to strengthen communities
and generate more opportunities and resources for art. Participate in the inaugural
Strategic Advocacy Training and join a diverse group of arts advocates from 5
counties with a range of advocacy and organizing experience.
Next Training - Tuesday, May 28, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Free for Alliance Members; Fee: $5 for non-Alliance Members (No one turned away for lack of funds)
Be the change you want to see - Be a voice that champions an inclusive understanding of creativity, culture and the arts in our communities. We are training artists to go to the next level to advocate and engage in local and statewide efforts for change. The Community Advocacy Alliance program provides training, network sessions and supporting communications to build a network of artist advocates.
- Build awareness for potential points of impact for social change in our local communities and statewide.
- Learn key aspects of strategic advocacy including setting attainable goals, creating a strong coalition and designing and implementing grassroots tactics.
- Meet and learn from peer arts advocates about opportunities for advocacy and organizing in different communities.
- Develop a network of Arts Advocates committed to fair and equitable public processes.
The Training series runs through May 2013.
Saturday, November 10, 2012, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 6:00 - 8:00 pm RSVP ONLINE
Who Should Participate
Are you motivated to learn and share your passion for the arts and community?
Are you ready to--
- Bring people together for social change with support of the Alliance.
- Identify opportunities in which the arts address public safety, economic development, health and quality of life in our neighborhoods
- Build on your campaign and advocacy experience or start from scratch
Funding Provided By: