EAST BAY OPEN STUDIOS 2009
June 6 - 7 and 13 - 14
During the first two weekends in June, June 6-7 and June 13-14, and throughout the year by
appointment, East Bay Open Studios connects the public with over 400 artists in 14 cities in the
East Bay. Since 1979, this event remains the largest art event in the region and draws an annual
audience over 50,000!
How to plan your studio tour:
- Pick up a copy of the Directory of East Bay Arts, the event publication that profiles participating artists and includes maps, an East Bay Arts Index of local arts organizations, galleries, venues and artist groups, and the 12 month East Bay Arts Calendar. Directories are available at Pro Arts and are distributed in the East Bay Express, June 3, 2009.
- Go to the Preview Exhibition that showcases one artwork from each of the over 400 participating artists.
- Get on the Bus! Ride the Brake for Art Tour: Art Bus Preview, Friday, June 5 departing from Pro Arts.
- Pick-up Artists' invitations and announcements.
- Follow open studio street signs and banners on event days, or take a curator's tour.
- Log on to the Pro Arts Online Gallery for all your 2009 East Bay Open Studios information, listings, maps and more! Each participating artist has a fully searchable personalized webpage with image gallery.